Brea Country Hills Elementary School
Summer 2019 • countryhills.bousd.us •
Dear Country Hills Families,
It has been a fantastic school year, so it is bittersweet that it is coming to a close. The learning and growth that has taken place on our campus is remarkable, and I appreciate the part every one of you has played in this.Country Hills would not be the great place that it is without the many people who contribute to the success of our school. These people are what make our Country Hills such a special place. Special thank yous to:
- All of the wonderful Country Hills students and stellar faculty and staff who make learning possible and fun
- Our fabulous PTA, parents and school volunteers and supporters that help us in so many ways
- The incredible office team: Mrs. Collard, Mrs. Ortiz and Mrs. Houston who do so much for so many
- Our hardworking custodial staff: Ms. Marisa Arroyo and Mr. Jesse Lopez
- The top-notch cafeteria team: Mrs. Schreck and Mrs. Tang
Every one of us at Country Hills is committed to providing our students with rigorous academics, enriching activities, genuine care and valuable support. We wish you all a fun, relaxing, safe summer. Keep ROARing every day. We are already looking forward to the 2019-20 school year with enthusiasm. Look for communication to come home in early August with many details for the start of the year. See you in “the fall”, Cougars!
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we welcome the many smiling Cougar faces daily. Please call us at 714-990-3221 or email me at email@example.com if we can assist you or your children in any way.
Sincerely ~ Mrs. Walsh, Principal
- If you move out of the Country Hills area over the summer, please call our office and leave a voicemail. Our office will close for the summer on June 21st and will reopen on August 6th
- Any remaining cafeteria balance will carry over to the fall (to BJH as well)
- Medications in Health Office must be picked up by end of the day Thursday.
- Box Tops for Education - Don’t forget to clip and save them over the summer for our fall competition!
- We will no longer be recycling ink cartridges - thank you for the donations over the years.
Don’t Stop Learning!
What can you do over their summer to maintain academic growth? The number one recommendation is to READ! 1) Log in to our Imagine Learning program anytime with the information from this school year - check with teacher if you need information. 2) Check out the new MyON program - students have already logged in here at school and have a card with info to bring home. 3) Our Brea Public Library has great resources and programs, too - visit www.ocpl.org.
PTA is Working Over the Summer
PTA is working on the budget for next year. If you have an idea of where to spend money please email CHillsPTA@gmail.com. If you know of a business who would like to advertise on the back of 600 Jog A Thon shirts next year please email Jog a Thon Chair, Lindy Hunhoff at BBB1326@gmail.com.
Country Hills Cougars ROAR!
Respect Ownership Achievement Responsibility
Important Dates Ahead
6 Office Opens
19 1st Day of School
2 No School - Labor Day
3 Back to School Night (Minimum Day)
*See Master Calendar on website for additional dates
Easy Ways to Support Our School
BoxTops: Collection sheets are available in the front office or you can print them from the Box Tops website. Please check to be sure they are not torn or expired.
Ralph’s Card: Go to www.ralphs.com, log in to your account and enter NPO #80588 under Community Rewards.
AmazonSmile: Login to Amazon Smile at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-3747871 When you register your account, you help our PTA earn 0.05% of your qualified purchase.