The philosophy of the GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program is to provide enriched and accelerated activities for students based upon individual abilities.
- Ensure mastery and expansion of basic skills. Enrich educational opportunities in the basic skills commensurate with potential.
- Allow a child to cognitively progress at an enriched rate.
- Broaden and deepen the learning experience.
- Encourage creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Extend horizons beyond the classroom.
All students in grades four through eight have the opportunity to become an identified Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) student based on the approved BOUSD identification criteria. Please note that students are not identified until the fourth grade. Advanced learners are supported through differentiated instruction in the classroom. All 3rd grade students, as well as 4th/5th/6th graders new to BOUSD, are screened for GATE in the Spring.
GATE PARENT HANDBOOK
Click here to view the most recent GATE Parent Handbook.